Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES):
How to apply CES
* IMPORTANT * - Re:SOTA instruments Please read this disclaimer
CES is contraindicated in pregnancy and for individuals with demand-type cardiac pacemakers (built pre-1998)
Care needs to be taken with individuals on anti-hypertensive medication. CES can lower blood pressure.
CES can be used in conjunction with medication, psychotherapy, biofeedback and other therapies
(It often augments the effects of other treatments)
CES devices are available to the public and easy and painless to use
• "SOTA Bio-Tuner™ After clipping the electrodes to your ear lobes and inserting the lead wire into the jack, an on-off knob controls the amplitude (turning it to the right increases the amount of current). Start with a low current and gradually increase it. Can be bought online and currently costs $250.
• Alpha-Stim AID™ device - requires prescription from licensed practitioner. Currently costs $795.
Response to CES treatment is very individual / Treatment effects tend to be cumulative. When brain neurotransmitters are back in balance no further improvement will be noticed.
- People often feel relaxed and alert from a CES treatment. This state may last for 12 to 72 hours after the first few treatments. Initially, treatments are more frequent, then as results are seen, the frequency of treatments can be tapered off to an "as needed" basis.
- Results in treating anxiety are usually long lasting, provided 4 to 6 treatments have been given. Typically, anxiety is reduced during the initial treatment (Some cases - up to a day after treatment);
• Mild depression and mild chronic pain conditions generally remit after 10 days of treatment. Deep seated, endogenous depression may require 3 or more weeks of daily treatment
• Insomnia typically requires 20 minutes once daily tapering to 3 treatments per week after two weeks. Optimal treatment time is within 3 hours before sleep (e.g. 4-7 p.m. if bedtime is10:00 p.m.). Primary treatment affect is in Stage 4 (delta) sleep;
- Maintenance treatments of 20-minute sessions are sometimes needed 2 to 3 times per week
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone /scar healing||Stress Reduction|
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen / circulation||+++|
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
* Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances brain neuro-transmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|