There are several PEMF devices advertised on the internet and it's hard to choose one without understanding their differences. More devices will eventually be added to the following:
Low intensity devices. Low intensity PEMF devices are typically <1000 Gauss (100,000 microTesla (uT))
iMRS 2000 Complete and iMRS 2000 Professional
iMRS stands for Intelligent Magnetic Resonance Stimulation.
Device pulse rate: 5-15Hz + their harmonics
EM field strength. Mat coils and pad 0.09 uT - 70 uT; probe up to 300 uT.
Waveform. Sawtooth on body mat; Square wave on pad and probe;
Field polarity. Switches every 2 minutes; has complex varying waveform;
Full body mat to treat whole body (68" x 23" x 1.5"). 3 pairs of copper coils increasing in intensity from head to feet. Delivers electromagnetic pulsations (sawtooth waveform) to the entire body simultaneously with an average output of 45 uT.
- Automatically incorporates variances in the body's circadian rhythms. 4 different programs depending on the time of day the iMRS 2000 is used. Delivers an average output of 45 uT.
- Mat is used to: Enhance circulatory effects and oxygen delivery; improve energy, stamina and sleep; overall wellness.
APPLICATOR PAD for more intense, localized use. (19"x11"x1.5"). 1 pair of coils
- Pad is used to:
• Release tension in headaches, neck, shoulders, and low back;
• Reduce muscle soreness after strenuous exercise or injury,
• Support the lungs, pancreas, kidneys, liver, digestive tract and lower abdominal organs.
• Help in relief of pain / discomfort in tendinitis, arthritis, plantar fasciitis, bursitis and myofascitis.
• Accelerate bone repair following fracture or spinal fusion surgery.
PROBE APPLICATOR for higher EM field strength use. (0.75" x 4.8") Has the highest average peak EM field strength of the iMRS applicators, up to 300 ut. Concentrates a more intense square wave to smaller areas of the body
- Probe is used to: E.g. Treat the joints of the hands and feet (e.g. hammer toe, carpal tunnel, trigger finger), the sinuses, and the TMJ (jaw joint).
Pre-programmed settings for different health problems. For body mat, pad and probe; iMRS 2000 Complete has 400 settings, iMRS Professional 2000 has 3500 settings. E.g. iMRS 2000 Complete includes settings for the following problems: Acne Allergies Alzheimers Appendicitis Asthma Attention deficit disorder/ Attention deficit/ Hyperactivity (ADD/ADHD) Autism Autoimmune disease Back pain Cancer (accompanying) Cataract Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) Cold CrohnÂ´s Disease Degenerative disc disease (DDD) Dementia Depression Diabetes Diarrhea Dizziness Earache Fever Fracture Fybromyalgia Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) Glaucoma Gout Heart attack Hepatitis Herniated discs Hypertension Immune system support Impotence Inflammation Influenza Insomnia Irritable Bowel Syndrome Low back pain Menopausal symptoms Migraine headache Multiple sclerosis Nausea Neck pain Obesity Osteoporosis Pain (acute) Pain (chronic) ParkinsonÂ´s disease Peripheral neuropathy Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) Psoriasis Restless leg syndrome (RLS) Rheumatoid arthritis Sciatica Shingles Sleep disturbances Sport injuries Stress Stroke Sunburn Tinnitus Ulcers Urinary incontinence Wound healing
Bio-feedback (called iMORE). Adjusts output according to measured heart rate and cardiac cycles;
Adjustable treatment duration times with iMRS 2000 Professional. 1-60 minutes; iMRS 2000 Complete has fixed treatment times of 8, 16 or 24 minutes;
Auto-clock. Adapts frequencies of therapies to time of day to synchronize the brain's natural frequency demands throughout the day;
CARRIER frequencies: Morning (beta) Energetic: 15Hz; Afternoon (alpha) Stress relief: 5.5 Hz; Evening (theta) deep relaxation: 3Hz; Night (delta) preparation for sleep: 0.5 Hz.
Warranty. 3 years unconditional
Cost. $3775 - ~$6500
Waveform. The Bemer (Bio Electro Magnetic Energy Regulation) has a patented complex signal: a cascading sine wave pulsetrain waveform that repeats 33 times per second. Each pulse train contains 40 sine waves that gradually increase in both frequency and amplitude; this combination results in over 1200 pulses per second.
Application methods. Full body mat size (25" x 69.5"; 3 pairs copper coils increasing in intensity from head to feet), Intensive Applicators ;
EM field strength. Mat: 3.5 - 35 uT (0.035 -0.0.35 Gauss) (some problems have shown a good response to intensities < 3.5 uT); Intensive Applicators: B.spot up to up to 100uT and B. Pad up to 150uT with Plus signal;
Frequency: two frequencies of 10 Hz and 33 Hz.
Field Polarity: Polarity reverses every 2 minutes to prevent acclimation to signal.
Cost. ~$4290 - $5990
OMI PEMF Mat
EM field strength: The OMI PEMF Therapy Mat has 8 copper coils, each providing an EM field strength between 20 and 66 microtesla, depending on the frequency being used.
Waveform. Square wave.
Applications: Mat measures 65 X 20 inches and has a quad fold design for compact storage. Must be used on a firm surface to prevent damage to coils from bending.
Cost (on Amazon) ~ $1225 (as of 2/4/19).
HIgher Intensity Devices
High-intensity devices provide therapy frequencies that range from 1000-50,000 Gauss (100,000 - 10,000,000 µT). The high end of this range requires a superconducting magnet. The high intensity machines are very expensive ($10-30k and up).
SOTA magnetic pulser
Frequency. ~4 Hz
EM field strength:
• In regular mode (~255 pulses per 20-30 min cycle) the SOTA pulser has 6000 gauss at its paddle/coil face, tapering off to near zero at ~ 9 inches away. E.g. EM field strength at 4" away from coil face is ~180 Gauss or 18,000uT, E.g. an inch away in regular mode, the intensity is only around 2000 gauss.
• In fast mode (~1400 pulses per 20-30 minute cycle) the SOTA pulser has an EM field strength of 2500 gauss (250,000 µTesla) at the paddle/ coil face, tapering to near zero at ~ 7 inches away". E.g. EM field strength at 4" away from coil face is ~75 Gauss (7,500uT)
Waveform. Impulse wave, biphasic
Cost. ~$400 (Jan 2020)
Applications. Only treats targeted areas
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone /scar healing||Stress Reduction|
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen / circulation||+++|
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
* Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances brain neuro-transmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|