Delivery Route Choices - Overview
PROGESTERONE supplementation should try to emulate the body's natural production
- PROGESTERONE is produced naturally by the ovaries and adrenals -for transport into the blood stream and delivery to hormone-sensitive cells in the body.
- PROGESTERONE is produced by the ovarian corpus luteum during the luteal phase (following ovulation) of the menstrual cycle
- Ovarian connections - located in the pelvic area:
• The fallopian tubes directly connect the ovaries to the uterus;
• The ovaries empty into a pelvic plexus of veins having direct access to the blood stream - Substances absorbed through the vaginal membranes also enter this same pelvic plexus of veins.
ORAL PROGESTERONE supplementation route is unsatisfactory - since only 10% of the PROGESTERONE reaches the bloodstream and metabolism by the GI tract and liver produces several undesireable metabolites.
TOPICAL PROGESTERONE is well absorbed by the skin, but it has been found that long-term use can build-up in fatty tissues causing high PROGESTERONE levels. Absorption through the mucous membranes, including mouth, vagina and rectum, is more efficient.After examining the different facets of each route (on this page), the conclusion is made that:
PROGESTERONE has an extremely short half-life in the blood of 5-20 min.
Can KJ. ABC of endocrinology. I. Hormones in general. Lancet 1970; 1:763-765.
All delivery methods should use bioidentical PROGESTERONE - i.e. the same molecule that your body produces. The label should say U.S.P. PROGESTERONE
The delivery route choices
• Oral Route (not recommended)
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|