(1) Cell Membrane Integrity: Our body needs EFAs to manufacture, repair and maintain fluidity of cell membranes, enabling each cell to effectively obtain nutrition and expel waste products.
(2) Cellular Energy Production: Double carbon bonds, unique to EFAs, provide reactive sites for oxidation.In the cell membrane, this feature attracts oxygen needed by the cell to produce energy.
(3) Local “Hormones”: EFAs produce eicosanoids (Families of short-lived, hormone-like signals), which regulate body functions, such as heart rate, blood pressure, blood clotting, fertility, conception, kidney function and also play a role in immune function by regulating inflammation and encouraging the body to fight infection.
(4) Systems Support: EFAs support the cardiovascular, reproductive, immune and nervous systems. In addition, they support vision, blood sugar levels, kidney function, calcium metabolism, skin health and growth / repair mechanisms.
(5) Child Development: EFAs are needed for proper growth in children, particularly for neural development and maturation of sensory systems. Male children have greater EFA needs than females.
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|