. . . and actually, 99% of the total number of molecules in your body are water molecules!
Water entering the body (either drunk or through the skin) needs to be clean, energized and not treated with detrimental chemicals
Fluoride is added to more than half the U.S. drinking water supply - and the basis for fluoridating the water supply is based on fraudulent and dishonestly represented research.
Chlorine ( in excessive amounts) is having deleterious consequences on our health.
Distribution of Water in the Body and Dehydration
2/3 of the body's water is contained inside the cells.
1/3 is outside the cells - 2/3 of this extracellular water is in the space between the cells (interstitial space), and 1/3 is inside the blood vessels. When the body loses water it is usually from the bloodstream.
A moderate intake of water is four-8 oz. glasses of Water / day. Preferably obtained from a natural, earth-energized, unpolluted spring or deep well. There is much controversy on the subject of how much water to drink in a day and when to drink it, so here are some guidelines:
Common sense says to AVOID dehydration. A condition serious enough that your body will immediately sound the alarm by making you feel thirsty. Sufficient water intake is required to deliver oxygen via the bloodstreamto thebody's cells, especially to the brain. Dehydration causes your urine to become darker and stronger smelling and bowel movements to be harder and more difficult to pass. Although, water is used for flushing toxins from the body, you don't want to “water down”to the point that good nutrients are also washed out of the body. Keep a water supply on hand at all times.
Drinking too much water at meal times will dilute the hydrochloric acid in your stomach affecting its protein-digesting ability. It is probably unwise to drink too much water at any time, so spread it throughout the day. You don't want to drink so much water that you need to constantly run to the bathroom or develop a dislike for the taste of it.
Obviously drink more when your body is losing more water. E.g.in hot weather, after exercise.
Drink a glass of water first thing upon waking. Your body has been busy working all night restoring your body and will thank you. This will also help get rid of that morning breath.
Add something zingy to your water to make it more palatable and enticing. E.g. a slice of lime or lemon, a dash of lime or lemon juice (Limes/lemons provide antioxidants and break down to alkalizing minerals in the body). A splash of raw apple cider vinegar adds multiple health benefits.
You can identify good drinking water, simply by whether it tastes good and sweet!
BEST CHOICES. Natural Spring Water, Well water, or Mineral water(naturally high in minerals). When bottled, these sources are usually detoxified by ozonation(not harmful to the body) to remove bacteria, etc.
• Spring water. Collected at the source or via a bore that taps the underground formation.
POOR CHOICES. Purified, Distilled or “Treated”Water
• Purified Water - Don't be fooled by labels depicting majestic mountains or shimmering bodies of water. Flat-tasting, purified water is drawn from the municipally treated water system! This treated water is then purified by any of reverse osmosis, de-ionization and /or micro filtration. Purifying water by these methods removes beneficial minerals and trace minerals (although some brands (E.g. Dasani, add a few minerals back in for taste).
E.g. Aquafina®(Pepsi®); Dasani®(Coco-Cola®); Dannon®(Group Danone); Poland Spring® (Nestle®).
• Distilled Water. Is devoid of energy and leaches minerals from the body.
• "Treated", chlorinated, fluoridated water. Treating water with chemicals is being shown to have negative affects on our health. To read about effects of chlorine and fluorine in the body, see:
Note on Piped Water. Piped delivery de-structures the water, causing it to contain fewer electrons, and therefore less energy for the body to utilize. The old-fashioned method of drawing water from a well using a bucket retains the natural energy imparted to the water by the earth (from its geomagnetic energy).
Water is a liquid crystal having varying degrees of orderly structure
The individual molecules have an orderly relationship with one another - and can be restructured to hold information. Structured water usually contains a negative charge. i.e. potential energy
Methods used to energize/structure water
Electromagnetic fields based on the frequencies of the human bio-fields - There are emerging technologies based on these principles, which hopefully will eventually take the place of our current chemical water treatment methods. Note that water that comes out of the earth, or is otherwise electromagnetically charged loses its charge after about 4 days.
• Water drawn naturally from a deep well is charged by the Earth's geomagnetic field - In contrast, water that is treated with chemicals loses energy, and running water through pipes strips electrons (with their inherent energy) from the water.
• Homeopathic remedies, Bach flower essences - Natural EMFs from electron-rich plant parts are introduced into water under the influence of solar energy;
• Infrared radiation
Cooling water to about 39 °F has been shown to energize and structure water;
Spiraling Water. Spiralling water imparts a healthful effect on water. Austrian, Victor Schauberger, considered the father of implosion technology, spent much of his life studying the movement of natural waters, and found that nature self-cleanses and imparts energy to water by creating a vortex in the water. This principal has been harnessed in the form of mechanisms that cause water to spiral and form a vortex. Even the simple action of stirring water with a spoon helps structure water.
Sea Water, Waterfalls, Bubbling streams. Contain energy from their constant movement, which introduces oxygen to the water.
For more information on structuring water: see Dr. Mercola interview with Dr. Pollack
U.S. FDA "Standards of Identity" for Bottled Water
The FDA has established "Standards of Identity" for bottled water products sold in the U.S.. These are some of the more common U.S. types of bottled water:
• Mineral Water - contains at least 250 parts per million total dissolved solids (TDS). It comes from a source tapped at one or more bore holes or spring, and originates from a geologically and physically protected underground water source. No minerals may be added to this water.
• Spring Water - comes from an underground formation from which water flows naturally to the Earth's surface.
• Well Water - taken from a well;
• Purified water - produced by distillation, deionization, reverse osmosis, or other suitable processes. Purified water may also be referred to as "demineralized water." It meets the definition of "purified water" in the United States Pharmacopoeia.
• Artesian Water - originates from a confined aquifer that has been tapped and in which the water level stands at some height above the top of the aquifer.
• Fluoridated Water - contains fluoride added within the limitations established in the FDA Code of Federal Regulations. This category includes water classified as "For Infants" or "Nursery."
• Ground Water - from an underground source that is under a pressure equal to or greater than atmospheric pressure.
• Sparkling Water - contains the same amount of carbon dioxide that it had at emergence from the source. The carbon dioxide may be removed and replenished after treatment.
• Sterile Water - meets the requirements under "sterility tests" in the U.S. Pharmacopoeia.
Contaminants in Bottled Water
An independent test performed by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) revealed 38 low-level contaminants in bottled water - with each of the 10 tested brands containing an average of eight chemicals including disinfection byproducts (DBPs), caffeine, Tylenol, nitrate, industrial chemicals, arsenic, and bacteria;
Drink up once opened - Once opened, bacteria accumulates quickly in plastic bottles. Drink the entire bottle within a day or two.
Contaminants from plastic in bottles leach into water
As bottled water sits around, chemicals leach from the bottle plastic into the water
- Antimony. This potentially toxic trace element, was found in PET (#1) bottled water in concentrations reaching >100 times the average level of antimony in unpolluted ground waters. Antimony trioxide is used as a catalyst in the manufacture of PET (labeled #1 for recycling). Antimony levels in 15 Canadian and 48 European brands were measured. When bottles were left to sit at room temperature for 6 months, antimony concentrations increased 19% in Canadian and 90% in European bottled waters.
Shotyk W, et al, Contamination of Bottled Waters with Antimony Leaching from PET. Increases upon Storage, Environ. Sci. Technol. 2007
- Warmer and colder temperatures increase leach rate of chemicals into the water
• Do not drink water from plastic bottles left in the car in warm temperature
• Do not freeze water in plastic bottles
5 gallon clear (#7 hard plastic) polyethylene containers (typically used in water dispensers) contain harmful endocrine disruptor BPA. Shown to mimic estrogen and so cause health concerns by contributing to estrogen dominance condition.
Check expiration dates. Usually ~18 months from bottling.
Safe plastics. Not known to leach harmful substances:
• Polypropylene - designated "#5 PP"
• High-density polyethylene - designated "#2 HDPE"
• Low-density polyethylene - designated "#4 LDPE"
Environmental Impact and Profits
The price of a liter of bottled water is currently more than a liter of gasoline and spending for bottled water averages $400/person in the U.S. -that's 1900 times the cost of tap water at $1.50/bottle, and in 40% of cases the bottled water is simply tap water that may or may not have been treated.
Availability of good drinking water is fast becoming a global concern -and all major food/drink supply companies are cashing in on this basic need by producing their own brand. E.g. Walmart and Walgreens have their own brand (provides much better profit than by selling other brands, with the typical 3% mark-up).
The exponentially growing bottled water industry adds a significant cost to the environment - given the amount of energy consumed in processing the water, plastic bottle manufacture and transportation.
-Plastic bottles are mounting up in landfills, roads and waters worldwide
• 1,500 water bottles are thrown away every second!
• Plastic pollution is a serious problem killing 1 million seabirds, 100,000 marine mammals, and many fish in just the N. Pacific every year - Researchers testing the ocean water shockingly found it contained 6 times more weight of miniscule plastic pieces as plankton.
Chlorinated shower and bathing water should at least be filtered to prevent entry of toxins released by the hot water. E.g. chlorine, chloroform) through the skin, and from breathing them, which are more damaging than drinking them. A filter with KDF medium can easily be installed at the shower head. (carbon filters do not remove chlorine compounds, called organochlorines). Showering with residential, chlorinated water is suspected of causing elevated levels of chloroform in the home - up to 100 times higher during a ten-minute shower.
"In a lifetime, approximately 50 pounds of toxic wastes can enter the body from drinking water and at least 450 pounds can enter the body through skin absorption. Little attention has been paid to skin absorption as a route of entry for volatile organic chemicals.”
- Wellness Lifestyle January 1990
Younger Looking Skin. Water flushes out impurities in your skin, leaving you with a clear, glowing complexion. Skin that is becoming saggy, either due to aging or weight loss, plumps up very nicely when the skin cells are hydrated;
Muscle Contraction. Muscles that have all the water they need contract more easily;
Weight Loss. Drinking sufficient water will help lose the pounds. A main job of the liver is to convert stored fat to energy; another is to “sub”for the kidneys if they are water-deprived. Having to do the kidneys'job as well as its own reduces the liver's productivity of converting your fat to energy. Drinking extra water, you will very quickly notice a decrease in appetite (since the body is “burning”your fat for fuel);
Normalize High Blood Pressure. A main driver of high blood pressure is dehydration, which requires the human body to use a lower blood volume.This in turn requires the artery wall muscles to contract so that the arteries have a narrower cross section. The narrower artery cross sections require the heart to pump harder and faster to get an adequate blood flow supply to all body organs and tissue.
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|