The proper removal of toxins and debris from the liver and colon is absolutely essential in all conditions of disease and ill health
The coffee enema should be taken daily whilst undergoing any serious detoxification protocol
The coffee enema is given primarily to stimulate the liver's bile production and flow (called a choleretic). Chemicals in coffee, including caffeine, theobromine and theophylline, cause blood vessels and bile ducts to dilate. This opens the bile ducts and stimulates the liver's bile production, very effectively eliminating the liver's toxic waste that may have been building up for a long time.
Dr. Max Gerson, originator of the Gerson Therapy for non-toxic treatment of cancer and other diseases, stated:
"Patients have to know that the coffee enemas are not given for the function of the intestines but for the stimulation of the liver."
Also, some of the water absorbed through the intestinal wall goes directly to the liver, diluting the bile and increasing bile flow.
The coffee enema also has beneficial effects in cleaning the colon
- Coffee does an excellent job dissolving encrusted waste accumulated along the walls of the colon. Caffeine directly stimulates the peristaltic muscle to contract more powerfully and loosen such deposits, which are occasionally visible as hard, black material and "ropes" of mucus. Gradually, as the protein metabolism of the body improves, the muscle tone of the bowel becomes normal and thorough evacuation is possible without the aid of the enema.
Substances found in coffee (kahweol and cafestol palmitate) promote the activity of a key liver enzyme (glutathione S-transferase) responsible for neutralizing free radicals in the blood. So found Dr. Lee Wattenberg and his colleagues in 1981. This system detoxifies a vast array of electrophiles from the bloodstream and, according to Gar Hildenbrand of the Gerson Institute, "must be regarded as an important mechanism for carcinogen detoxification". When coffee beans are added to a mice diet, these systems are enhanced 600% in the liver and 700% in the bowel. During a 15 minute enema, blood passes through the liver 5 times.
"Coffee enemas have a definite effect on the colon which can be observed with an endoscope." - reported Dr. Peter Lechner, who is investigated the Gerson method at the Landeskrankenhaus of Graz, Austria;
The liver and small bowel neutralize most common tissue toxins - polyamines, ammonia, toxic-bound nitrogen, and electrophiles. These detoxification systems are probably enhanced by the coffee enema.
Make the coffee the night before
(1) Just before bedtime each day, make a 1 quart pot of coffee. Then unplug coffee pot and allow to cool to room temperature overnight:
▲ Pot must be enamelware, Corning Ware™, glass or stainless steel, or prepared by the tricolator filter method. Do not use Teflon or aluminum. Prefer unboiled, drip method.
▲ Use 3-4 Tbsp. of regular (non-decaffeinated), non-instant, ground coffee. Preferably: organic (coffee plants are possibly the most heavily pesticide-sprayed crops), and fresh-ground to prevent rancidity - - - but don't let these requirements delay you from getting started
▲ Use 1 quart of distilled or filtered reverse osmosis water. Avoid city water (chlorinated/fluoridated) to avoid stressing the kidneys. Even well water can contain toxic metals (E.g. copper, cadmium, lead) from plumbing.
(2) Upon rising each morning plug in the coffeepot for a few seconds to bring coffee to body temperature. Unplug and take the morning coffee enema.
▲ Do the enema early morning in a relaxed, unhurried state - may be repeated again in early afternoon and/or evening, depending upon the toxic condition of the body. Enemas using coffee in the afternoon or evening may interfere with sound sleep.
▲ For those who can only retain a pint instead of a quart of solution for 15 minutes - the enema must be immediately repeated right after the first pint;
▲ If possible, first take a brisk walk or do some mild exercise
▲ Attempt a bowel movement - not essential, but enhances the effect of the enema; taking daily fresh ground flax seed or bulking agents such as Metamucil can help form stools;
▲ Many people find that a pre-enema (1 qt warm water, not retained) helps in retaining the coffee enema - removes remaining large particles and most of the gas; optional;
▲ Place 1 quart of coffee in enema bag or bucket - a Fleet enema bag is a disposable large volume plastic bag obtained OTC at the local pharmacy/hospital supply outlet. This bag lasts about 2 years.
▲ For a high enema you will need a colon tube (called a DAVOL). Size 24, 26 or 28 French on the opposite end of the plastic tube from the enema bag. This colon tube is a soft flexible rubber-like tube around 30 inches in length and follows the curves and flexure of the colon. The colon tube is usually inserted about 12 to 20 inches into the rectum. (If you can not find a colon tube, an alternative is a plastic rectal catheter or tube about 18 inches long (ordered OTC from your pharmacy);
▲ Lubricate colon tube with butter or vitamin E. Or other lubricant that does not contain chemicals/additives;
▲ Place an old towel under your buttocks to protect against leakage
▲ Allow the coffee to flow to the end of the colon tube. This eliminates any air in the tube.
▲ Insert the tube 12 to 20 inches into the rectum lying on your left side. Slowly insert tube in a rotating motion, which helps to keep the tube from "kinking up" inside the colon. Do not sit on toilet or stand for enema.
- If having difficulty inserting the length. It may be because of kinks in the colon; some people find that allowing a little solution to flow as the tube is inserted enables the tube to get past any kinks. Sometimes, if one hits a kink that stops the flow of the liquid completely, the tube can be pulled out slowly just to the point where the solution is felt flowing again. Often, the tube can be pushed back in, past the turn that previously stopped the liquid. You can however, only go as far as you can go, which may increase as the colon is cleaned.
- Never force the tube if there is discomfort
▲ Place the enema bag no more than 36" higher than rectum. If placed too high, the coffee runs into the colon too fast and under too much pressure, and can cause discomfort.
▲ After the flow of coffee solution is completed the colon tube may be removed. But it isn't necessary to do so at this point;
▲ Lie on the left side for 5 minutes, then on the back for 5 minutes, then on the right side for 5 minute
- With excessive gas, leave the colon tube hose clamp open. To allow gas to escape through the enema container. Often, the coffee will go in and out of the enema bag or bucket until the gas is relieved.
- If you get a sudden gas bubble causing an urge to expel the solution. Breathe very fast through your nose using your abdominal muscles like a bellows. This usually helps the colon wall break up the gas bubble.
- As an aid to hold in the enema. With one finger, press down and inward on the perineum (between the anus and vagina/testes), pressing the rectum closed. Hold this for a while and you will feel the liquids backing up into your colon.
▲ After the enema is retained for 15 minutes or longer, it may be expelled
â–² Enter the day clean and refreshed
If a coffee enema makes a person jittery, shaky, nervous, nauseated, or light-headed, the coffee solution is too strong. Adjust strength as tolerance level permits.
If having a lot of gas makes it difficult to retain the enema. Add 2 Tbsp. of blackstrap molasses to coffee solution.
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|