Found worldwide, lavender has a pleasant, woody fragranceand its oil has medicinal benefits - used in aromatherapy, flower remedies, and herbal medicine. It is also one of the few oils that can be directly applied to the skin without dilution.
The lavandins ( Lavandula Ã— intermedia ) are a class of hybrids - of L. angustifolia and L. latifolia, which some consider inferior to lavender
• Antiseptic (undiluted)
• Wounds. Lavender honey (bees fed off lavender plants) found very effective
Catriona Jones (November 2011). "The efficacy of lavender oil on perineal trauma: A review of the evidence___". Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 17(4):
• In massage oil lavender relaxes muscles and eases tension.
Lavender oil is used in:
• Autoimmune disease
• Burns, Acne, Rashes, Athlete's foot, insect bites, prevent scarring
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Insomnia - Women receiving aromatherapy experienced a significant improvement in sleep quality.
Li-Wei Chien, Su LiCheng, and Chi Feng Liu, “The Effect of Lavender Aromatherapy on Autonomic Nervous System in Midlife Women with Insomnia,”Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 740813, 8 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/740813
• Anxiety and nervousness
Kasper, S; Gastpar, M; MÃ¼ller, WE; Volz, HP; MÃ¶ller, HJ; Dienel, A; SchlÃ¤fke, S (2010). "Silexan, an orally administered Lavandula oil preparation, is effective in the treatment of 'subsyndromal' anxiety disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial". International clinical psychopharmacology 25(5): 277-87. doi:10.1097/YIC.0b013e32833b3242. PMID20512042.
• Skin cancer
• Facial ulcers
• Natural alcohol linalool. Providesantiseptic/ antimicrobial properties; helps burns, wounds, acne, sores
• Ketones. Reduce pain/ inflammation and help induce sleep
• Esters (incl. Acetate ester of linalool / linalyl acetate). Reduce soreness and swelling, prevent muscle spasms, anti-fungal, prevent scarring; also relieve tension, depression, hysteria and help regulate moods
• Aldehydes. Responsible for its aroma and soothing properties
Lavender E.O. delivery methods
• Essential Oil
• Direct application to skin. On sores, cuts
• Massage oil. Dilute 10 drops lavender e.o. to 30ml carrier oil (E.g. grapeseed, almond oil)
• Add to permumes, soaps, bath oils/salts
• Add to shampoos (prevents dandruff)and hair sheen final rinse(with lemon oil and water, allow 30 mins to combine)
• Add to herbal salves
Dried lavender is used in sachets placed under pillows
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|