What is acne?
This is a condition presenting unsightly red and swollen follicles that we call pimples. Acne affects ~85% of the population at some time in their life, including adults. Most teens get the type of acne called acne vulgaris, which can appear on face, neck, shoulders, back and chest (these are the locations where most sebum-secreting sebaceous glands are found). Appearing on the face as it does, it obviously causes its owner significant psychological stress.
Acne can be a chronic problem - sometimes lasting several years
Types of acne “lumps and bumps”
• Whitehead (Closed comedone). Clogged follicle; usually small, round, white bumps on skin.
• Blackhead (Open comedone). Plugged follicle that opens and turns dark at the surface of the skin; the black is not indicative of dirt.
Occurs when comedones rupture, spreading bacteria with associated inflammation:
• Papules. inflamed lesions; seen as small, pink bumps on the skin.
• Pustules (pimples). Inflamed pus-filled lesions; red at their base.
• Cysts and nodules. Large, inflamed, pus-filled lesions deep under the skin; can cause pain and scarring.
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|