Sulfur is derived mainly from dietary proteins. E.g. fish, beef, poultry, eggs
Why do we need sulfur?
A major mineral, sulfur has a vital role in the structure and biological activity of the body's proteins (including enzymes).
A sulfur deficiency affects:
• Bones, joints, connective tissues, metabolic processes
• The body's electron transport system in cellular energy production. As part of iron/sulfur proteins in mitochondria (cellular energy factories)
• Conversion of Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and B7 (biotin). Essential for metabolizing carbohydrates into energy
• INSULIN function - the two amino acid chains in an INSULIN molecule are connected via sulfur bridges, without which INSULIN cannot function properly;
• Synthesizing important metabolic intermediates. E.g. glutathione (body's "in-house" antioxidant protecting cells from ROS damage produced during energy production)
Excluding animal protein from your diet puts you at risk for heart disease
Researchers in France concluded that LOW intake of sulfur amino acids by vegetarians and vegans raises homocysteine levels (a known cause of atherosclerosis leading to heart attack and stroke) and increases their risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|