Castor oil used as a rub or castor oil pack
How to make and use a castor oil pack
• Use only cold pressed, hexane-free Castor Oil and preferably organic
• Use only pure undyed woolen or cotton flannel (about 1 ft. sq.) for the packs.
• Use the packs 1 to 2 hours daily. For best results, apply for at least 3 consecutive days.
• Castor oil should NOT be taken internally and should NOT be applied to broken skin
1. Protect clothing and bedding from oil. If necessary, oil can be removed with a solution of 2 Tbsp. of baking soda to 1 quart water.
2. Place a wool or cotton flannel in a container and soak it in 1/4 Cup castor oil. Saturated, but not dripping.
3. Fold a pack 3-4 layers thick over the affected body part or the abdomen.
4. Cover with a clean, plain plastic bag or piece of cling wrap (larger than pack).
5. Place a hot water bottle over the pack and then rest for 1-2 hours with the pack in place. Do not use a heating pad - its unnatural electrical frequency could interfere with healing frequencies of castor oil;
6. After removing the pack, massage the oil remaining on the skin into the body. If desired, cleanse the area with a dilute solution of water and baking soda.
7. Store the pack in a covered container or plastic bag in the refrigerator. This ensures that you will NOT absorb harmful, RANCID Oils into your body, which would undermine your efforts. A pack may be reused 25-30 times before washing it, adding 1-2 Tbsps. oil before each use.
A castor oil pack can be placed directly on problem areas of the body
Use CO pack over problem areas until problem is healed:
- For skin conditions. Simply wrap the affected area in a castor oil soaked cloth each night, or if the area is small enough, use a castor oil soaked Band-Aid®.
Tip: For persistent infections and finger and toenails that have discolored and hardened, to speed up the healing process, soak the area for 10 to 20 minutes in Epsom salts prior to applying the castor oil.
- Liver. CO packs are often recommended as part of a liver detoxifying program;
- Chest. E.g. For lung/bronchial infections;
- Inflamed, swollen, aching joints or muscles;
- Abdomen. To relieve constipation and other digestive disorders; stimulate lymphatic flow, liver and adrenal activity (see below);.
- Lower abdomen. In cases of menstrual irregularities and uterine and ovarian cysts;
- Callouses, moles, ingrown toenails, warts. Cayce recommends applying “castor paste”on these problem areas. “Castor paste”is made by mixing about 1/8 tsp. of baking soda with 3 to 4 drops of castor oil in the palm, then massage into the affected area;
For specific uses and application areas of castor oil packs
Castor oil pack can be used over abdomen to stimulate lymphatic flow, liver and adrenal activity
The typical application recommended by Cayce is that of a hot abdominal pack placed over the RIGHT side of the abdomen. Covering the liver, upper small intestines, cecum, and ascending colon.
Suggested daily schedule
The following suggested schedule will decongest the lymph system and rejuvenate the adrenal glands. In turn, this will enhance the function of the thymus gland, revitalizing the entire body:
• 2 days a week over the liver/abdomen area to the right of your naval
• 2 days a week over the spleen area (bottom of left rib cage)
• 3 days a week over the Thymus gland(just above the heart)
Do the treatments daily for the first 4 weeks, after which, do the treatments every other day. i.e. each of the three target areas -- liver, thymus and spleen is treated once per week.
Olive oil / lemon juice drink to stimulate lymphatic flow and liver activity
In addition to using a CO pack, it is beneficial to also drink a combination of olive oil and lemon juice to stimulate lymphatic flow and liver activity
Olive Oil / Lemon Juice Drink
Made by blending the following ingredients:
The remaining liquid is divided in four equal portions of approximately 1/4 cup each and a portion is consumed with each of the three daily meals and before bedtime.
- In addition to stimulating lymphatic flow, this drink increases the flow of bile from the liver and gallbladder. In turn, this enhances one's ability to digest essential fatty acids. It is not uncommon for AIDS patients to experience weight gain and a reversal of a long list of complaints often associated with fatty acid deficiencies.
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|