Avoid anything that reduces body's beneficial flora
The following factors reduce presence of beneficial flora in favor of pathogenic organisms. (Includes pathogenic bacteria, and fungi. E.g. the yeast Candida Albicans):
- Antibiotics. Includes those given to livestock for food production, antibacterial soaps
- Poor nutrition /glucose. Sugar/fructose, refined grains, processed foods, high glycemic index foods (E.g. potatoes, yams, corn, white rice, pasta), almost exclusively feed pathogenic bacteria and fungi (E.g. Candida albicans) in your digestive system, allowing them to proliferate. Lack of necessary nutrients handicaps your immune system such that it cannot deal with the pathogens.
• Sugar may be the most important factor in GI candidiasis -Candida ferments and rapidly proliferates in the presence of simple sugars, which significantly increase Candida's ability to adhere to epithelial mucous cells.
- Toxins. Chlorinated/fluoridated water, environmental pollution, agricultural herbicides, insecticides, pesticides, cleaning chemicals, smoking etc;
• NSAIDS (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories) E.g. acetaminophen, ibuprofen; NSAIDs thin the mucus layer making it more difficult for probiotics to survive.
• Steroids, corticosteroids;
• Hormonal drugs (E.g. contraceptive pill, HRT)
• Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine.
- Stress. E.g. surgery
- Bottle feeding
- Although sometimes unavoidable, certain illnesses/conditions. Diabetes, Lupus, thyroid problems, or pregnancy.
Encourage body's beneficial flora
Consume and/or supplement probiotics. High quality, multi-strain, high organism count supplement and probiotic-containing foods (E.g. yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut)
Mix a little yogurt into salad to increase its probiotic activity. The chopped up leaves increase the surface area for the bacteria, creating a beneficial ecosystem for the probiotic bacteria.
Choose organic, locally-grown fruits and vegetables, and meat, dairy and butter from animals that ate grass and organic foods. Raw milk and products are best (if you can obtain them from a reputable source). Avoid chemicals in food.
Drink natural spring water and/or filter chlorinated /fluoridated /contaminated water sources. Chlorine and fluoride harm probiotics;
Include prebiotics (food for probiotics) in your daily diet to feed beneficial flora. E.g. chicory root, dandelion greens, bananas, garlic, onions, leeks, asparagus, jerusalem artichokes, barley, oats, flaxseeds;
Have rest and relaxation time and get sufficient sleep. Strengthens immune system
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|