• They are a MAJOR cause of immune system suppression
• They increase free radical activity - that can oxidize and cause damage to body molecules, cells and tissues of vital organs.
• They compete with and replace essential minerals (E.g. iodine, zinc, copper, magnesium, and calcium) in enzyme binding sites, to inhibit, overstimulate or otherwise alter the effect of numerous enzymes - sometimes if the diet has not provided the ideal mineral needed for an enzyme to fucntion, these toxic metals play a less-than-perfect “stand in”role for the missing mineral.
• They may replace other substances in tissue structures - E.g. in the arteries, joints, bones and muscles, weakening these areas
• They may deposit themselves at sites causing local irritation, pain and inflammation
• They disrupt cellular functions - the heavy metal ions form complexes with proteins involving carboxylic acid (-COOH), amine (-NH 2 ), and thiol (-SH) groups. These complexes (modified biological molecules) lose their ability to function properly and result in the malfunction or death of the cells. When metal ions bind to these groups, they inactivate important enzyme systems, or affect protein structure ( linked to the catalytic properties of enzymes).
Health effects of toxic metals
Even at a low level, toxic heavy metal ions can cause serious health effects - including reduced growth and development, cancer, organ damage, nervous system damage, and in extreme cases, death.
To give an idea of the problems caused by or associated with toxic metals:
• Babies in utero who receive toxic metals from their mother across the placental membrane are more prone to autism, ADD, ADHD, infections, developmental delays and more.
• Aluminum has been associated with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, senility, and presenile dementia.
• Arsenic exposure can cause cancer, abdominal pain, and skin lesions.
• Cadmium exposure produces kidney damage and hypertension
• Lead and mercury may cause the development of autoimmunity - whereby the immune system attacks its own cells. This can lead to joint diseases and ailments of the kidneys, circulatory system, and neurons. At higher doses, lead and mercury can cause irreversible brain damage.
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|