The "Good" - Phytic acid confers some health beneficial effects
Particularly when consumed in moderation.
The bible contains several positive references to eating bread (especially unleavened bread).
Dietary phytic acid (often referred to in studies as inositil hexaphosphate or IP6) has several health-protective functions:
• Strong antioxidant
Graf E. Eaton JW. Amtioxidant functions of phytic acid (1990) Free Rad Biol Med 8(1):61-9
- Binds transition metal ions, thwarting their role as oxidants. Phytic acid-rich diets may protect cells lining the intestinal mucosal membrane (epithelial cells) against iron-induced oxidative damage;
• Interruption of cellular signal transduction,
• Cell cycle inhibition
• Enhancement of natural killer (NK) cells activity.
Health benefits of phytic acid:
- Decreases risk of colonic cancers and protects against inflammatory bowel diseases - Although both Finland and Denmark populations consume equal amounts of fiber, the lower-risk Finns consume food items with 20-40% more phytic acid than the higher-risk Danes.
Phytic acid shown to inhibit growth of cancer cells - e.g. leukemia, colon,
prostate, liver, pancreatic, skin, and muscle. after seemingly being taken up by them after absorption from the GI tract.
- Blocks angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels to feed cancer cells) and disrupts pre-formed vessels.
- Appears to enhance anti-cancer effect of chemotherapy
• Type 2 diabetes
• Coronary heart disease / Atherosclerosis - by lowering elevated serum cholesterol; reducing pathological platelet activity
• Kidney stone formation - by preventing calcification
• Heavy metal toxicity - by binding to transition metals
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|