* IMPORTANT * - Re:SOTA instruments Please read this disclaimer
What is PEMF therapy?
PEMF therapy provides a pulsed (rapidly changing, non-sinusoidal) electromagnetic field at effective field strengths and frequencies, which can have therapeutic effects when introduced into the body. PEMF therapy does not usually directly cure specific problems or diseases, but rather promotes the body's inherent ability to heal itself.
|GENERAL Therapeutic Effects of PEMF THERAPY|
|•Detoxification||•Anti-Inflammatory||•Wellness / Healthy Aging|
|•Better sleep||•Pain relief||•Restores Immune System|
|•More Energy||•Stress Reduction||•Accelerates tissue/bone/scar healing|
PEMF therapy accomplishes its positive effects by promoting various functional changes in the body - namely:
(1) Normalizes the cellular transmembrane potential (TMP or cell "battery" voltage)
(2) Decreases pain and inflammation
(3) Increases blood oxygen levels and improves circulation
(4) Improves cellular energy (ATP) production
(5) Increases vessel-dilatory NITRIC OXIDE production
(6) Restores Immune System Function
(7) Deactivates microorganisms.
(8) Promotes tissue repair / healing
(9) Deactivates /destroys Cancer Cells
(10) Increases cellular pH (alkalizes)
For details: Health functions of PEMF therapy
Some HEALTH PROBLEMS Treated with PEMF THERAPY
|• Cancer||• Type II Diabetes||• Reproductive/Urinary Conditions|
|• Bronchial Asthma||• Cardiovascular Problems||• Gastro-intestinal Conditions|
|• Injuries / Muscle sprains / Back pain||• Neurological Problems||• Bacterial/Viral Infection|
|• Bone/Joint Disorders (E.g. sciatica, bone fractures, herniated disc)||• Trauma||• Skin Problems/ Conditions E.g. shingles, acne|
|• Vascular Problems E.g. varicose veins||• Rheumatoid arthitis; osteoarthritis||• Depression, anxiety, stress|
For more detailed list, see: Successful Applications of PEMF Therapy
How is PEMF therapy applied to the body?
PEMFs demonstrating therapeutic bioelectric phenomena are applied to the body by various methods. Here are some examples:
Reaches bloodstream and also tissues where blood doesn't flow. A current is induced in blood, body tissues or organs at a distance from an electric coil or loop via electromagnetic induction.
|Electromagnetic Induction: When a changing magnetic field intersects a conductor in a closed circuit, it generates a current in the conductor; this is the basic principle on which all rotary electric generators and alternators operate.|
• Therapeutic tools are available containing one or more electric coils used to produce electromagnetic pulses. E.g. the SOTA Magnetic Pulser (6 gauss intensity can penetrate several inches into body), iMRS 2000 mat and BEMER 3000 mat (can reach blood circulating adjacent to mat; intensity of PEMF coils lessens from head to feet), or their pad or probe applicators (these two having higher intensity and penetration than the mat);
• Via a current loop. Ideally, loop needs to be circular to emit a non-distorted EMF, but usually, the loops available are non-circular. A current loop provides only one intensity.
• Via a plasma tube. As provided with some Rife therapy devices.
Treat the blood by directly applying, a pulsed 3-5 milliamp current via opposing electrodes placed in direct contact with bare skin on either side of the area of interest. E.g. over pulse points where the blood flows near the surface of the body using the SOTA Silver Pulser, which outputs <8 mA current using a voltage square wave.
The current produced in the blood after overcoming resistance to skin and tissue, is usually 50-100 microamps (µA), but < 500 µA, which works with the similar level of tiny currents flowing in the many conductive pathways of a healthy body. This includes nerve fibers, blood vessels (blood serum is electrically conductive), and the extracellular fluid bathing the cells. (BTW: the average output from an FDA approved transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) unit is much higher at ~20 mA, which purpose is to desensitize nerve pain by stimulating nerve action (possibly by enhancing endorphin production, which may depend on frquency used) (Beck Protocol Handbook)
Safe and Effective
More than 10,000 scientific papers have been published about the effective health benefits of PEMFs on the human body. Research on PEMF therapy has been conducted worldwide for over 3 decades. PEMF therapy effectiveness is backed by over 30 years of research, initiated in Russia and Eastern Europe. The research proves routine neurological, physiological (relating to body functions), hormonal and psychological benefits, where pulse rate (Hz), magnetic flux density or intensity (Gauss or Tesla) and treatment duration are within certain guidelines.
PEMF THERAPY INDICATES ABSOLUTELY NO ADVERSE REACTIONS and NO ADVERSE AFFECTS ON NORMAL, HEALTHY CELLS. Vodovnik L, et al. Modified cell proliferation due to electrical currents
PEMF therapy yields results without risk of infection, invasive procedures or side effects. PEMF therapy has proven capable of equal or better results than conventional therapies and invasive procedures.
Criteria for choosing an effective device for PEMF therapy
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone /scar healing||Stress Reduction|
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen / circulation||+++|
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
* Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances brain neuro-transmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|