Found worldwide, lavender has a pleasant, woody fragranceand its oil has medicinal benefits - used in aromatherapy, flower remedies, and herbal medicine. It is also one of the few oils that can be directly applied to the skin without dilution.
The lavandins ( Lavandula Ã— intermedia ) are a class of hybrids - of L. angustifolia and L. latifolia, which some consider inferior to lavender
• Antiseptic (undiluted)
• Wounds. Lavender honey (bees fed off lavender plants) found very effective
Catriona Jones (November 2011). "The efficacy of lavender oil on perineal trauma: A review of the evidence___". Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 17(4):
• In massage oil lavender relaxes muscles and eases tension.
Lavender oil is used in:
• Autoimmune disease
• Burns, Acne, Rashes, Athlete's foot, insect bites, prevent scarring
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Insomnia - Women receiving aromatherapy experienced a significant improvement in sleep quality.
Li-Wei Chien, Su LiCheng, and Chi Feng Liu, “The Effect of Lavender Aromatherapy on Autonomic Nervous System in Midlife Women with Insomnia,”Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 740813, 8 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/740813
• Anxiety and nervousness
Kasper, S; Gastpar, M; MÃ¼ller, WE; Volz, HP; MÃ¶ller, HJ; Dienel, A; SchlÃ¤fke, S (2010). "Silexan, an orally administered Lavandula oil preparation, is effective in the treatment of 'subsyndromal' anxiety disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial". International clinical psychopharmacology 25(5): 277-87. doi:10.1097/YIC.0b013e32833b3242. PMID20512042.
• Skin cancer
• Facial ulcers
• Natural alcohol linalool. Providesantiseptic/ antimicrobial properties; helps burns, wounds, acne, sores
• Ketones. Reduce pain/ inflammation and help induce sleep
• Esters (incl. Acetate ester of linalool / linalyl acetate). Reduce soreness and swelling, prevent muscle spasms, anti-fungal, prevent scarring; also relieve tension, depression, hysteria and help regulate moods
• Aldehydes. Responsible for its aroma and soothing properties
Lavender E.O. delivery methods
• Essential Oil
• Direct application to skin. On sores, cuts
• Massage oil. Dilute 10 drops lavender e.o. to 30ml carrier oil (E.g. grapeseed, almond oil)
• Add to permumes, soaps, bath oils/salts
• Add to shampoos (prevents dandruff)and hair sheen final rinse(with lemon oil and water, allow 30 mins to combine)
• Add to herbal salves
Dried lavender is used in sachets placed under pillows
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|