The Human Cell 101:
Differing in size, shape, and function, the cell is the smallest functional unit of tissues and organs. Each cell is somewhat self-contained and self-maintaining:
- It can take in nutrients, convert these nutrients into energy, carry out specialized functions, and reproduce
- Human cells have a surrounding protective membrane. Enclosing a salty, watery cytoplasm in which is floating a set of membrane-bound organelles ("little organs"), which perform a number of vital functions for the cell.
• The cell nucleus. Houses DNA - the cell's genetic blueprint containing the building instructions for various protein molecules, such as enzymes;
• The mitochondrion. The cell's “Power Plant”
• The endoplasmic reticulum. The transport network for active molecules;
• Ribosome. Primary site of protein synthesis
• The Golgi complex/apparatus. The cell's central delivery system and a site for protein processing, packaging, and transport.
• Lysosome. Contains enzymes that break down waste materials and cellular debris
• Centriole. Two per cell; help with mitosis and meisosis when cell divides.
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|