Oral and genital herpes are an infection of the virus Herpes Simplex.
Genital Herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Both types 1 and 2 of the Herpes Simplex can infect one or both of the oral and genital areas. A Herpes infection can exist in a dormant form (i.e. not showing symptoms)
• Cold sores (HSV-1, fever blisters). Infection on or near the mouth; usually Herpes Simplex type1; Up to 80% of American adults have oral herpes
• Genital herpes (HSV-2). Infection on or near the sex organs; 70-80% of cases are Herpes Simplex type2. About 25% of American adults have genital herpes.
The herpes virus lives in nerve endings. Often living permanently and dormantly in the body unless it is activated to produce symptoms
Herpes activation triggers
The herpes virus is activated by a general weakening of the immune system and a rise in skin temperature. Several triggersare known to precipitate a Herpes outbreak, causing the virus to spread, including:
• Physical or mental stress
• Excessive cold or heat, including fever
• Exposure to strong sunlight
• Local skin trauma
• General ill health and other infections. E.g. a cold
All active herpes infections develop as follows:
• Tiny blisters form on the spot.
• Blisters enlarge, burst, oozes fluid and become painful ulcers after 2 or 3 days.
• The ulcers crust over, form scabs. They may crack and bleed easily.
• Fade away in 7 to 10 days.
Herpes symptoms (Also, be aware that herpes may have no symptoms, even for years):
Cold sores symptoms:
• A tingling sensation (itching and irritation) around the mouth heralds a cold sore's imminent arrival, usually within a day or two.
• The skin feels oversensitive to touch.
• Raised, swollen red area usually around the nostrils and lips.
Genital Herpes symptoms
• Cluster of blistery sores on penis, buttocks, or anus
• Burning sensation if urine flows over sores
• Urination is difficult when sores swell severely enough to block the urethra
• Itching / Pain in infected area
• Open sores
Herpes is highly contagious
Herpes is spread by brief skin-to-skin contact. E.g. touching, kissing, and sexual contact (vaginal, anal, and oral). It can be passed from one partner to another and from one part of the body to another. A common transmittal path is within families E.g. by kissing. HSV-1 can be spread from the mouth to the genitals via oral sex.
Rarely, genital herpes can be passed from a pregnant woman to her baby during vaginal birth
Herpes is most contagious when sores are open, moist, or leaking fluid.
Herpes can also be spread when no symptoms are present. E.g. from areas of skin that have no visible sores. In fact, genital herpes is mostly contracted from people with no symptoms. Most people with oral herpes were infected as children.
Areas easily infected with herpes are the lining of the mouth, vagina, penis, anus, and eyes. Skin can be infected if it is cut, chafed, or burned, or has a rash or other sores.
You will not get Herpes from skin contact with inanimate objects. E.g. toilet seats, bedding, towels, silverware, soap or swimming pools,
Treatments for Herpes simplex infection
Grapefruit seed extract + DMSO - Cold sore be gone!!! - Author's very successful remedy!
(1) Clean your hands scrupulously with soap. DMSO carries any substance into the body, including bacteria in dirt!
(2) Place a small, dime-sized blob of gel or liquid DMSO into palm of hand. Add ONE drop of Nutribiotic maximum strength, liquid GSE (Citricidal®) (60% GSE / 40% vegetable glycerin). Adding a little DMSO carries the GSE deeper into the skin to reach the sore. Do not make it any stronger until you have tested its effect over time - too strong a mixture may burn the skin.
(3) Mix in palm using tip of finger
(4) Apply / rub into Herpes Simplex sore at the first sign or feeling of a sore developing.
(5) Apply 3 times daily until you are sure the outbreak has gone.
Raw honey treats herpes symptoms better than the antiviral drug acyclovir - neither will cure herpes
Study compared honey to acyclovir in 16 adults with recurrent labial and genital herpes attacks - they used honey to treat one attack, and a commonly prescribed acyclovir cream for another.
• Mean healing times were reduced 43% for labial herpes and 59% for genital herpes when using honey instead of acyclovir
• Pain and crusting was significantly reduced with the honey, compared to the drug
• Two cases of labial herpes and one case of genital herpes completely remitted with the honey treatment - compared to none remitted using acyclovir
• 3 subjects developed local itching with acyclovir - no side-effects with honey
Honey needs to be:
• Raw. Not refined / heat-processed;
Manuka honey is an excellent choice. Made by bees from pollen gathered from flowers of the manuka bush in New Zealand, having super potency and healing properties
Apply honey directly to open sore at least 4 times / day. The aim is to keep sore in contact with wet honey
To prevent recurrence, boost immune system. Attend to diet, lifestyle and emotional issues utilizing the following protocol :
For some pain relief:
▪ Warm baths
▪ Hold cool compress/ice pack against sores
Wear cotton underwear to prevent chafing
Keep sores dry to promote healing
• Meridian Tapping Technique (MTT). Tapping on certain meridan endpoints resolves root emotional problems that caused immune system to weaken.
• Homeopathic herpes simplex formula
• Lysine (an essential amino acid)
• Vitamin C
• Aloe Vera
• Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)
• Resveratrol (potent antioxidant from grape seed)
• Lactoferrin (potent antimicrobial protein found in colostrum)
• Steeped tea bag (For cold sores). Purported to quickly reduce swelling/blisters and cut healing time down by several days. Use a breakfast tea teabag (E.g. Lipton tea bag), steeped for about 5 minutes. Squeeze out excess fluid and allow to cool. Hold tea bag on the cold sore for a few minutes.
• Ozone Therapy (Ozonated olive oil)
• Tea Tree Oil - For External use; Antifungal / Antibiotic;
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|