The objective is to REBALANCE your hormone levels
--- and NOT to RESTORE your levels to those of a person in their 20s or 30s. E.g. A menopausal woman no longer needs the higher hormone levels required for reproduction.
Treatment for estrogen dominance corrects an imbalance of:
• Too much estrogen relative to progesterone in women
• Too much estrogen relative to TESTOSTERONE, DHT and other androgens in men.
which can wreak havoc with many of the body's systems and cause serious health problems.
Treating estrogen dominance can:
• Shrink ovarian cysts;
• Stop endometriosis;
• Shrink an enlarged prostate (BPH);
• Reverse cancer of reproductive organs
• Protect nerves/Aid repair
• Reduce facial hair
• Much more . . .
Treatment for estrogen dominance involves 3 steps:
(1) Use available tactics to reduce bodys excessive estrogen levels
The first approach to an estrogen dominance over PROGESTERONE (in women) or TESTOSTERONE (in men) is to reduce estrogen levels in the body:
(2) Use natural methods to boost body's PROGESTERONE levels
Help adrenal glands increase their PROGESTERONE production
The innermost layer of the adrenal glands produces small amounts of the sex hormones (Androgens, estrogens and PROGESTERONE )
• Excessive vitamin E (>600IU) intake reduces LDL-Cholesterol - a precursor for producing PROGESTERONE
• High intake of animal fats and elevated estrogen levels decrease PROGESTERONE synthesis
• Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin B5 promote PROGESTERONE synthesis (according to Dr. Ray Peat) Raymond F. Peat, 1995
• PROGESTERONE-boosting Foods. These include: avocado, raw nuts and seeds, olives, salmon and tuna;
• Hormone balancing herbs. Dong Quai, Wild yams, Macafem, Licorice, Vitex
Try and reduce stress
Stress uses up PROGESTERONE. When under stress, most of the PROGESTERONE produced by the body is converted into the corticosteroid hormones to deal with emotional stress or fight or flight situations. This creates an estrogen dominance situation leading to insomnia and anxiety, which further taxes the adrenals, and a vicious cycle continues as PROGESTERONE is used to make stress hormones. Weakened adrenal glands will never allow the hormones to find proper equilibrium
(3) Supplement with bio-identical PROGESTERONE
But only AFTER using above tactics to reduce estrogen and naturally increase PROGESTERONE
PROGESTERONE supplementation may be beneficial when you are living today's 'Typical' lifestyle. It helps to counter-balance an excess estrogen presence. However, decreasing the body's estrogen levels should always be the first approach.
How does PROGESTERONE counter estrogen?
• PROGESTERONE inhibits the transcription of the aromatase enzyme gene required for estrogen production;
• PROGESTERONE desensitizes the estrogen receptors;
With estrogen dominance, also boost thyroid function using iodine supplementation
Estrogen reduces thyroid function by increasing thyroid binding globulin (TBG), which binds thyroid hormone making it inactive. This provides an explanation for why hypothyroid symptoms are similar to estrogen dominance symptoms
Raymond F. Peat (Jul 1995) Estrogen: Simply Dangerous, Ray Peat's newsletter
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|