Estrogen dominance - How to Supplement PROGESTERONE
*** FIRST*** - Please read: Estrogen dominance treatment 1-2-3
Use only Bioidentical PROGESTERONE Cream or gel
Any PROGESTERONE supplementation therapy should use BIOIDENTICAL PROGESTERONE. i.e. the identical molecule that your body produces.
- i.e. DO NOT use synthetic PROGESTERONE (i.e. Progestin). This is DIFFERENT to the bioidentical molecule.Progestins
- The label should say U.S.P. PROGESTERONE . USP (United States Pharmacopeia) means the formulated PROGESTERONE is of pharmaceutical grade and provides assurance that the product is bioidentical to that which is secreted from the female ovaries.
Natural, bioidentiacal PROGESTERONE is NOT DIRECTLY found in any plant. It is synthesized from fat saponins such as diosgenin from Mexican wild yam or soy. After extraction from a plant source it is chemically modified/compounded in a laboratory -since the body can not metabolize diosgenin (derived from plant dioscin) into PROGESTERONE . Until 1970, wild yam was the main base source for production of PROGESTERONE in the contraceptive pill, and as a precursor for corticosteroids, such as CORTISONE. Today, natural and bio-identical PROGESTERONE is mostly produced from soybeans.
- "Natural" does not necessarily mean "bioidentical”. Bioidentical term refers to the shape of the molecule rather than the source of the hormone being identical. Some formulations may have been derived from plant-based sources, but are not even close to the shape of the natural molecule. E,g, Numerous plant-based HRT and purely yam-based creams that have not been chemically-modified.
- Soybean-source PROGESTERONE should use a NON-GMO soy
Cream/Gel should contain 1.5-3% USP natural PROGESTERONE by volume - this is equivalent to 450-900 mg /oz. of cream. When used transdermally, PROGESTERONE is absorbed into the fat and is released from the fat into the blood stream in direct proportion to the concentration of the cream. A higher dose cream will not release the hormone into the blood stream smoothly over a 12 hour period, and since PROGESTERONE only has a half life of five minutes once it is in the blood, this will significantly limit its effectiveness.
The de facto standard cream concentration is 500mg of PROGESTERONE in 30g of cream (1.6%)
~¼ tsp. contains ~20mg
PROGESTERONE cream/gel/suppositories should NOT contain parabens as preservatives. They should also be free of any other harmful substances. E.g. liquid paraffin, parabens, phenoxyethanol, sodium lauryl sulphate, propylene glycol, fragrances, artificial colours and PEG emulsifying waxes (can contain the carcinogen dioxane).
Dr. Lee and Virginia Hopkins did not and do not endorse any particular brand, but they provide the following list of some good choices
- This author has found these good brands:
• Pro-gest. Been around for a while and has been used in clinical tests.
• NOW Natural PROGESTERONE. Easily found online; 1 -3oz (85g) container USP PROGESTERONE (1.54%) from wild yam.
• Renewed Balance
• Life pro Progestacare
• Natpro. Contains the maximum allowed dosage of USP PROGESTERONE from soy (3.33%), which means you use a smaller amount, which takes less time to rub in, and also absorbs quicker than lower percentage creams
Some Examples of PROGESTERONE Products
Premarin®, Prempro®, and Provera®. (all progestins with common unpleasant side-effects and increased risk for serious health problems, including breast cancer)
Synthetic Hormones -FrankensteinVersion of Natural Hormones
Vaginal Bio-adhesive Gel
Crinone® Vaginal Gel (4% or 8%) / Prochieve®.
Pro-gest® (wild yam),
NOW® Natural PROGESTERONE (wild yam),
Natpro (Non-GMO soy)
Allvia Progensa 20
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|