ANDROSTENEDIONE ➔ ESTRONE (in women)
TESTOSTERONE ➔ ESTRADIOL.
Aromatase can be found in several tissues:
– Tissues having beneficial estrogen presence. Includes gonads, brain, adipose tissue (E.g. found in the breast), placenta, blood vessels, skin, bone, and endometrium.
– Health conditions where inappropriately high levels of aromatase are present in tissues. Endometriosis, uterine fibroids, breast cancer (enhanced aromatase activity found in breast fat)and endometrial cancer.
To see what substances increase or decrease aromatase production/activity:
– E2 synthesis occurs principally through oxidation of ESTRONE (E1). A reversible reaction;
– ESTRADIOL (E2) /ESTRONE (E1) ratio. Before menopause is > 1; After menopause E1 is the predominant estrogen;
– Tissue enzymes (E.g sulfatases and 17B-HSD) originating in bowel bacterial flora and the intestinal mucosa, activate estrogens locally to ESTRADIOL (E2) and ESTRONE (E1).
Stanczyk F. Estrogens used for replacement therapy in postmenopausal women. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2001;15(suppl 4):17–25.
DIM Effect on Estrogen Metabolites
WITH estrogen-lowering dietary components (E.g. antagonists such as DIM*, quercetin, phytoestrogens), efficient aerobic estrogen metabolism results in predominantly “GOOD” estrogen metabolites. E.g. 2-hydroxy and 2-methoxyestrogens function as antioxidants, and have the power to eliminate damaged or cancerous cells throughout the body.
– WITHOUT estrogen-lowering dietary components, INefficient anaerobic estrogen metabolism results in predominantly “BAD” estrogen metabolites. E.g. 16-hydroxy ESTRONE and 4-hydroxy ESTRONE, which function as damaging oxidants that can ultimately promote cancer.
* Diindolylmethane (DIM) is a stable indole found in cruciferous vegetables
Attend to Diet, Lifestyle and Emotional State
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone /scar healing||Stress Reduction|
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen / circulation||+++|
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
* Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances brain neuro-transmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|