Estrogens are a subclass of the sex steroid hormones. Also includes androgens and progestagens
Hormones 101 -“Feel Good, Look Good”
- Renowned as the hormones that makes a woman female. Estrogens are responsible for breasts, hips, menstrual periods, soft skin, and a higher-pitched voice
- Estrogens also regulate the development, growth, pubertal maturation, and reproductive processes in both females and males.
The 3 most significant estrogens are produced from androgens through the action of enzymes:
- ESTRADIOL (E2, 17ß-ESTRADIOL). The predominant form in non-pregnant females from menarche to menopause; the most powerful and most carcinogenic.
- ESTRONE (E3). Produced and more predominant during menopause; 70% less biologically active than ESTRADIOL;
- ESTRIOL (E1). Primary estrogen of pregnancy; least powerful;
Estrogen production. The female ovaries are not the only source of estrogen - which is also produced by the metabolic activity of certain enzymes in adrenal glands, fat, skin, and many other peripheral sites :
Estrogen Production in Reproductive-age Women
Estrogen Production in Men and Post-menopausal women
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|