Support nutrients for magnesium
For health it is crucial to obtain an appropriately balanced intake of calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium and phosphorus and also vitamins A and D - all of which work together as a team.
• Calcium - required for magnesium to function properly, and vice versa
• Vitamin D - CRITICAL for body's ability to utilize magnesium
B-vitamins - help magnesium enter cells, especially B6
Selenium (200mcg/day) - helps magnesium stay inside cells for maximum benefit
Foods that ENHANCE magnesium absorption
• PROTEIN. A 15 day study with adolescent boys found that protein intake of <30g /day lowered magnesium absorption and that high protein (93g) vs not so high protein (43g) diet improved magnesium absorption. Schwartz et al, 1973
• Natural fructose: apples, dates, plums, RAW honey
• Medium chain tryglycerides (MCTs) - coconut oil, palm oil, cheese, butter, milk, yogurt
• Complex carbs (whole grains) - E.g oats, barley, buckwheat
Foods / Conditions that DECREASE magnesium absorption
• Phosphorus - in milk and many sodas form phosphate that binds magnesium
• Antacids, Proton Pump Inhibitors (Eg. Protonix, Prilosec, Nexium) - stomach acid is needed to digest magnesium
• Diuretics - alcohol, tea, coffee increase magnesium in urine
• Stress - acidifies body tissues; as an alkalizing agent, the body uses magnesium to neutralize acid; under stress the body may not produce sufficient hydrochloric acid for breaking down inorganic forms of magnesium in the stomach.
• Digestive malfunction - affects intestinal magnesium absorption
• Kidney dysfunction: interferes with magnesiumbalance in body
Schwartz R, Walker G, Linz MD, MacKellar I. (1973) Metabolic responses of adolescent boys to two levels of dietary magnesium and protein. I. Magnesium and nitrogen retention. Am J Clin Nutr.;26(5):510-518.
Chronic low-level inflammation (CLII) involved in almost all health problems
"The medical kit of the future"
General electrotherapy health benefits. Used systemically and/or locally at specific problem areas of the body, its effective application has many benefits:
|Detoxification||Wellness / Healthy aging||Pain relief|
|Relief from insomnia||Immune system restoral||Anti-Inflammatory|
|Maximizes cellular energy production||Accelerated tissue /bone
|Muscle relaxation / rehabilitation||Increased blood oxygen
There are several reasonably affordable electrotherapy devices available for personal use. The following electrotherapies are those that have received a significant amount of positive feedback:
|Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy|
|Near Infrared (NIR) class 4 laser therapy|
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) applies specific frequency patterns to the head area, with the following benefits:
|Balances neurotransmitters||Relieves pain||Treats depression|
|Substance abuse withdrawal||Relieves insomnia||Relieve stress / anxiety|